Here is the information I sent on possible pieces to the organizational structure. I realize this all probably requires an explanation, but I am working through the content in pieces. I will bring something to class that hopefully pulls the first concept map and the second map together. For me, once I can start to understand the scope and the direction of the project, I can start to put together the pieces.
I am still thinking we are following a central question of
: How do we reduce our carbon footprint?
We talked about posing this question in a more general sense and I can’t remember what you said Audrey, but your question may fit for the more general one.
The questions I thought that made sense as sub-category questions were:
Module 1
Where does energy come from?
Module 2
What is our place in the energy cycle?
Module 3
What can we do to reduce our energy footprint?
Module 4
What impact can we have on our community - on the world?
Lisa – you mentioned shortening these terms. Here are some possible alternatives:
1 - Learn about energy
2 – Investigate Energy
3 – Conserve Energy
4 – Produce Energy
Within each of these modules there would be a number of exercises, stories, learning activities, resources, media, chats, and other stuff following the AL style curriculum. In addition there would be an activity section that would be integrated with several of the exercises in the learning modules. This section will include a virtual house and a virtual community where individuals and teams can apply the knowledge and compete in a virtual energy environment. For example, in the exercise on conserve energy, you may, in reality, apply conservation ideas to your own home – you may also use those same principles in a virtual house where you have more control. The virtual house would be much like your regular house or apartment to begin with, but as you apply conservation methods to your energy consumption, you would see the result in your virtual house. The same may be true in a virtual community.
This area would be labeled:
Virtual House
Virtual community
Finally we would include several areas for collaboration, resources, and information:
Collaboration area
Resource links and information
Library
These are just a few ideas. I hope it makes a little sense. Hopefully we will have time to talk about it next time we get together.
Pat
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment